PO Box 560 / 90 Alexander Lane, Solomons, Maryland 20688
Phone (410) 326-3171 | email@example.com | Fax (410) 326-9478
OUR LADY STAR OF THE SEA SCHOOL
Applications for Admission are accepted throughout the year for the current school year.
To be considered for admission, prospective families must submit an electronic application through TADS at:
A $150 registration fee is due with the application; this reserves space for your child and is non-refundable, unless space is not available in the requested class.
In order of priority, Our Lady Star of the Sea School will accept children:
1) Whose parents are active, contributing parishioners of Our Lady Star of the Sea or St. John Vianney parishes.
2) Whose siblings are presently students at Our Lady Star of the Sea School.
3) Whose parents are contributing members of another Catholic parish.
4) Whose parents are Catholic but do not contribute to any parish.
5) Whose parents belong to another religious denomination.
Parents/Guardians will receive notification of acceptance to OLSS School shortly after submitting an Application for Admission in the TADS system.
Upon Acceptance, the following documents are required:
1) Immunization Policy Acknowledgement/Health Assessment, completed & signed by physician
2) Copy of Birth Certificate
3) Copy of Baptismal Certificate (Catholics only)
4) Copy of school records and report cards if your child is currently enrolled in another school.
Regulation vaccination requirement details are available at the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s website.
A New Family Meeting will be held for parents/guardians the week before school begins. Students may visit their classrooms and drop off their school supplies on the Friday before the school year begins.
If you are interested in finding out more about our school, please contact our School Office at (410) 326-3171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to answer questions, and schedule a tour so that you can view our school, meet our staff, and observe our classrooms. T
After parents have toured the school, their child may visit OLSS and spend a day with their prospective class. This must be scheduled in advance through the School Office. It is recommended that elementary grade students spend a half day (7:45am-12:30pm) and middle school students a full day (7:45am-2:45pm).
After your child has visited the school, we will schedule a time to assess them in Math and Reading if they are not coming from another Archdiocesan School, and will be in 1st Grade or higher.
An applicant for 1st Grade or above must provide a copy of his/her most recent report card and a copy of the results of their most recent standardized tests scores.