Anyone wishing to volunteer at the school in any capacity is required by the Archdiocese of Washington to complete the VIRTUS Child Protection Program. The required steps are:
1) Create a VIRTUS account online at http://www.virtus.org
2) Complete a Volunteer Application Form and submit it to the School Office
3) Register for and attend a Child Protection Workshop ("Live Training") on the Virtus website
4) Read the ADW Child Protection Policy Booklet given out at the Live Training, then sign and submit the Acknowledgement Form (last page of the booklet) to the School Office
5) Make an appointment to have your fingerprints taken at an ADW-approved location. Please complete the online Livescan Pre-Registration Application in advance, and bring two forms of ID; one with a photo. The fee is $40 if done at an OLSS session, or $55 if done at an outside location.
Once all steps have been completed and the fingerprinting has been cleared, the person may begin volunteering.
PO Box 560 / 90 Alexander Lane, Solomons, Maryland 20688
Phone (410) 326-3171 | email@example.com | Fax (410) 326-9478
OUR LADY STAR OF THE SEA SCHOOL