JUDGING & AWARDS:
- Judges will evaluate on appearance, aroma, texture, & flavor
- Prized to be awarded:
1) Best Overall Chili: $50 gift card to local restaurant
2) Zestiest Chili: $50 gift card to local restaurant
3) Most Creative: $50 gift card to local restaurant
ONE HOT CHRISTMAS CHILI COOK-OFF & RAFFLE
Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018 at OLSS
Doors Open at 5:00pm / Awards & Raffle at 6:00pm
VOLUNTEER TO BE A JUDGE:
Thank you to Moe's in Lusby for donating chips & salsa for the Chili Cook-Off!
TO ENTER THE CHILI COOK-OFF:
Warm up from the cool temperatures and join us for one of the hottest events of the year! This event includes a Bake Sale, Raffles, Visit from Santa, and Santa Shop items for sale. All proceeds benefit OLSS School. $5 minimum donation for tastings.
- If your chili can make Santa's belly really jiggle, compete against fellow chefs and find out whose chili tops the Nice List.
- If you are a chili connoisseur, volunteer to be one of our judges.
- You can also just come to eat - either way, you're guaranteed to have One Hot Christmas!
For more info, including how to participate, volunteer to be a judge, or donate items, please contact Katie Wingenter at email@example.com
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
COME TO EAT:
If you would like to visit our Chili Cook Off during the Solomons Christmas Walk, and sample all of the delicious chilis, please come to the OLSS Providence Room! Doors open at 5:00pm. Entrance fee is $5.
PO Box 560 / 90 Alexander Lane, Solomons, Maryland 20688
Phone (410) 326-3171 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax (410) 326-9478
- Consider yourself a chili connoisseur
- Love supporting your local community
- Enjoying spreading Christmas cheer
- Can spare some time to help
Please join us to determine the winning chili in the following categories:
- Most Creative
- Best Overall
How to sign up:
- Sign-up sheets will be available after all weekend Masses at OLSS church.
- Send an email to email@example.com with your name and contact info.
We will contact you before the event to confirm your availability. Thank you for your support!
SCHEDULE FOR SAT, DEC. 8:
- 11:30am: Check In / Set Up
- 12:15-4:30pm: Prep Time
- 4:30ppm: Round 1 of Judging
- 4:50pm: Round 2 of Judging
- 5:00pm: Doors Open to Public
- 6:00pm: Awards / Raffle
- Please arrive by 11:30 for check-in
- All food items must be in original packages, with receipts
- Contestants must cook a minimum of 4 quarts of chili
- Contestant will be provided with a 6-ft table & electricity
- Must use sanitary & food prep best practices
- Contestants responsible for supplying cooking apparatus & utensils, cooler, and thermometers for food storage/prep
- No ingredients may be pre-cooked, with exception of canned/bottle tomatoes, sauce, etc.
- Bowls & spoons will be provided for judges & public tasting
- Feel free to decorate your table!
- In order to enter our Chili Cook Off, individuals must apply for a FREE temporary food service permit through Calvert County Health Dept. Permit application must be submitted by noon on Mon, Dec 3.
- Print required registration packetHERE & submit by Dec. 3
- Registration fee is $25. Please make check payable to OLSS, or pay through our Online School Store
- Registration is limited to the first 30 entrants
Ways to Register
1) Complete form and mail to: OLSS School, Attn: Katie Wingenter, PO Box 560, Solomons, MD 20688
2) Complete online form below: